- BasicTalk offers paperless billing only and does not accept payment by mail or in person.
- Payment is automatically charged monthly to your payment method on file.
- You can view and print your billing statements from your Online Account.
Billing Information and Statements
- Sign in to your Online Account.
- Click Billing & Payment and select your option:
- Shows monthly charges for the current billing cycle, including taxes and fees.
- Enables you to view past statements, invoices and payments.
- Displays next automatic payment and number of days remaining in the billing cycle.
|View Call Activity
||Provides an historical view of all calls you have received and placed.
See Call History for more information.
|View Order History
||Lists all orders for services by date. Click on the arrow to view charges for the services ordered, including taxes and fees.
|Update Payment Method
||Enables you to update your payment information and billing address.
See Update or Change Your Payment Method Online.
Your monthly payment is automatically charged to your payment method at the end of every bill cycle. If an automatic payment is not successful, you will have a past due balance. You can make a payment to BasicTalk as follows.
|In your Online Account
- Pay your past due balance.
- Make an early payment up to $400 by credit or debit card.
- Update your payment information.
|At any U.S. MoneyGram location
Use Receive Code 15085.
- Pay your past due balance.
- Make an early payment up to $400.
- MoneyGram accepts cash on behalf of BasicTalk and charges a $1.49 service fee for each payment.
Automated Payment Methods
BasicTalk accepts the following payment methods:
Reloadable Prepaid Card
Electronic Check Payments
Your billing cycle begins on the day that you sign up for service. With a few exceptions, your payment method is charged automatically on the same day each month. Sign in to your Online Account to view your next billing (payment) date. You can request to change your billing date if you meet specific eligibility requirements.
NOTE: If your billing date is Day 29, 30, or 31, payment is charged on Day 28 in those months that do not have a Day 29, 30, or 31.
Monthly Taxes and Fees
BasicTalk is obligated to apply taxes and fees per state and federal regulations.
Taxes and fees vary by state1 and are based on the Emergency 911 address2 that you provided when you signed up for service. You will also incur the Federal Program Fee.
1 Sales tax rates vary due to individual tax rates in the 50 states and the amount you owe within the current billing cycle. Local telephone tax may be assessed as a percentage of the service and equipment charged as determined by your local government, or as a flat tax (e.g., $2.00, per line).
2 To direct emergency services to the correct location, you must specify your 911address. BasicTalk uses the 911 address listed on your account to indicate the location of your service to emergency services in your local community. If, for some reason, the specified 911 address is unavailable, BasicTalk uses the billing address as the service location.